- Accept all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of persons and process/assess for clerical error and change of name under R.A. 9048
- File, keep and preserve in a secure place the books required by law. Transcribe and enter immediately upon receipt all registrable documents and judicial decrees
- Transmit to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General, duplicate copies of any registered documents and available documents, which are not found in the OCRG.
- Issue certified transcript of copies of any certificate. Receive applications for the issuance of marriage license.
- Issue license upon proper compliance of all requirements
- Accept and subscribe/acknowledgement.admission/ of paternity under R.A. No. 9255